11:00 Worship Service Sign-up
Everyone who is interested in serving at the Traditional 11:00 worship services are invited to participate. We want to ensure that those who are interested can have an opportunity to serve God in these ways.
During this time of a new way of worshiping in person and virtually, it is especially important to find ways to connect and involve everyone in various activities at St. Philip. We are exploring ways to build and grow our relationships and inviting new friends to come and get involved!
Following is a list of the position descriptions. Each of these roles is available to sign up for on the Signup Genius.
If there are positions you are interested in that require training, we will make sure you are comfortable and trained!
Most of these positions are on site – where everyone follows safety protocols. Wearing masks & maintaining safe distances from each other are a couple of the ways we take care of each other regularly. Some positions are done from your home via zoom.
All the roles are available to be filled by anyone, if you are interested in more than one type of serving position, please feel free to choose all the positions you would like to do or to learn more about!
Our hope is that if you are already participating to please go ahead and sign up while leaving some room for new folks to sign up too. You’ll notice that there are ~3 months of Sundays listed, which will be updated quarterly for signing up down the road too. Choose as many dates as you like. In fact, this is a great opportunity for each of us to invite people to participate!
- Welcome and distribute bulletins
- Assist people to find seating
- Reading the Scripture texts
- Communion Set-Up & Altar Preparations
- Lead prayers and other spoken parts
- Assist Pastor with serving communion
A/V & Broadcasting
- (1) Sound board
- (1) Slides operator / Acolyte (candle lighter and extinguisher)
- (1) Overall broadcast manager / Zoom and camera operator
Contact Don Helmey for information about these A/V positions
- (1) Virtual Greeter
- Join the worship Zoom session 15 minutes early to help the Zoom operator check sound levels.
- Help the Zoom operator admit people into worship.
- Chat with each person who joins worship in Zoom and greet them.
- Help anyone who might be having problems with Zoom.