St. Philip and its members help show Christ’s love through our many caring ministries for others.
Caring Cards are sent to members experiencing health concerns or life transitions as a way to let our members know that we are praying for them & thinking about them. If you are interested in writing cards or if you know of somebody in need of a caring card, please contact the church office at email@example.com or 919-846-2992.
As an expression of Christ’s love and support, we offer meals to members in times of need. If you know of somebody in need of a meal or if you would be interested in preparing meals, please contact Deb Coccarelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home Communion is offered to members unable to join us for worship. If you know of somebody in need of home communion or would like to be trained to be a lay minister to take communion to our shut-ins, please contact the church office at email@example.com or 919-846-2992.
Transportation is provided for those unable to drive to medical appointments. To help drive or if you’re in need of a ride to a medical appointment, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-846-2992.
Members of our St Philip community knit “Prayer Shawls” for anybody interested in a prayer shawl.
Knitted with love and prayers, these soft & beautiful prayer shawls remind us of God’s love and presence with us, even during difficult times.
If you are interested in a prayer shawl, please contact Michelle Hooks at email@example.com.
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister Is…
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who will be there for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there’s a need.
For information about Stephen Ministry, contact Pastor Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org.