Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister Is…
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who will be there for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there’s a need.